Saturday 28 August 2010

Why Am I Here?

Okaaaay I should probably start by telling you all about me and why I'm here.. I'm 18 about to take my A-Levels and then (hopefully) take that two hour drive down to University.
I started this blog because I found that not many people really write about what its actually like taking that big life changing step to University and I want to be the first person to really tell it how it is.
Anyway, everyone always asks the same questions:
1. What if they don't get the right accommodation?
2. What if their flat-mates are horrible?
3. What if they can't make any friends?
4. What if the course is boring?
5. Or worse, the night-life is a disaster?
But everyone hears the same thing, that: they will love university and the friends you meet will be the ones they keep forever and everyone's in the same boat so its easier to make friends. If the subject is that bad, you can change and the night-life can't be that bad. Student accommodation is never the nicest.
Ultimately, no one tells you the real stuff, like, what its really like the day you move away, the night of the first day, how you really meet new friends, can I really clean my own toilet and much more...

 Survival Of A University Student =)


No comments:

Post a Comment