Sunday 21 November 2010

Food Top Tips

Pre drink!
You’re going to have to – if you don’t already. Basically, get drunk enough to still be able to walk in a straight line.

Pasta!
Believe me, after my four years of University I’m going to be fed up of pasta but it’s just so easy to make and there’s so much you can do with it: pasta bakes, bolognaise, carbonara, tagliatelle, ravioli, macaroni etc…

Cookbook!
You will need one – but that’s a given. Your cookbook should contain meals in less than 30 minutes and have different sections.

Learn to make big dinners you can have again and again and again and again until you want to be sick (I’ve already done it with macaroni and cheese).
It’s okay to get ready made meals and to have Pizza Hut BOGOF (buy one get one free) deals once in a while but make it a treat to save money.
OR
Group meals. But only if you and your housemates have all run out of food otherise it can get tricky. It’s definitely you should look into if you can, go out and buy large bulk of food (rice, mince etc) and make it together. A great way of getting to know your housemates better and also it can equal out to something like 50p for a main meal!

No Kebabs at the end of the night!
Make a meal before you go out so when you get in your less likely to grab that kebab that will ultimately make you feel worse in the morning. It could be anything from a snack to a sandwich that's waiting for you when you get back or a pizza nice and cold (I love cold pizza) or in the oven waiting for you to turn it on... (However, I've used a oven when I was drunk and I have the scar to prove it: BE CAREFUL)

Shopping Hungry: A No Go!
Don’t go shopping hungry. I did it and came back with loads of chocolate goodies for myself that I loved at the time but I didn’t really need them.

Plus!
Always be on the lookout for deals in local supermarkets and of course, shopping… 30% off plus your student discount = BARGIN!

I’ve found this website (the little yellow star on certain sauces) that gives you recipes that are good and quite quick.

Add your own little comments if you have any more suggestions J


Survival of a University Student =)

1 comment:

  1. Check out this facebook page for great recipe ideas:

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Student-Recipes/100703336668133

    ReplyDelete