Tuesday 17 January 2012

It's a new term!

Right now, Jezza Kyle is playing in the background, living room is an absolute mess, I'm wearing lots of layers with a hot chocolate by my side. Tuesday already.

I've been staring at my laptop screen for the past hour and a bit trying to write more covering letters! It's highly frustrating.

January is a weird period for students - Students have to get back into the routine again, you've been away from university for a whole month - back to your parents cooking for you, washing done, saving every penny possible, all your mates back again, its great! You miss university life but you can do with the relaxation and the liver could do with it too!

The new term is greeted to you by assignments deadlines, assignment marks handed back, exams, deadlines approaching sooner than you think and hopefully, your timetable has gotten very very better or a lot worse!!
For me I have three/four deadlines around the same time but my timetable is great which means more time to do work and more team meetings.

I have a 'enjoyment window' where I can go out and enjoy myself for two weeks (I'm not happy) before the hard work really kicks in and I have to actually do some work - not saying I haven't been doing any work now, I'm just easing myself into it. If this has been written down on this blog, it means that I have to keep to my word (huge sigh).

So to the first years who read this blog, I thoroughly wish I was you and I want to stress to you how much jealously I hold for you.
For the second years, go out and enjoy yourself for however long you can before every weekend and every spare time you have is spent in the library or locked away in your bedroom furiously typing. I salute you.
Oh, and for the third years/fourth years, what can I say... how do you do it?!! Tips?


Survival of a University Student =)

No comments:

Post a Comment