Tuesday 3 January 2012

Placements

Universities try to help you get placements - which is great, however, when you try and get your own... what the hell do you do?

Yes, talking about placements now is a little late (but only a tinsy teeny bit late) but I'm just one of hundreds of thousands who are applying around this time (so don't judge me).

Again, yes, I am a twenty year old, second year student maybe I should have a handle on this kind of stuff, but that doesn't mean I know most of the answers.. it just means I'm asking more questions.
You know what's going to happen, don't you? I'm going to know what exactly to do AFTER my placement. Brilliant.

So what I'm doing is writing a email to Whatsonstage.com (apparently they're brilliant, my friend loves them) and Twickenham, Wembley, and maybe other festivals, oh! maybe restaurants/ hotels.
But I don't really have the courage to do it and if I have no courage on email, how can I do it face to face? (See how my previous post about Networking is slowly going down the drain).

Wish me luck.
I'll be maybe, hopefully, planning draft emails to send off tomorrow to companies.

Oh goodness.


Survival of a University Student =)

No comments:

Post a Comment