Tuesday 28 September 2010

First Day At Uni (gulp) !

At first you're supposed to enrol and all my housemates said it took about 20 minutes, so imagine my utter surprise when I find out that my timetable says I'm in until four pm.
Oh yes, add to the fact that my College hasn't told me that I have to collect my BTEC certificate from them meaning its going to be hard to enrol. My morning has been ruined and I've been awake for about an hour.

I wandered around campus for a bit trying to find where to enrol, finally I found it 5 minutes to spare, then a girl sits next to me and her favourite band is my favourite. I've met one friend. I'm thinking this is it, this is my best friend from now on... This is what everyone talks about!

The introduction is slightly boring but I have my new friend to talk to.
My new friend and I find out that on a Monday we don't start our lectures until 5pm and finish at 7pm. However, on a good note Friday's are free, we all cheer excitedly. But apparently the time that is free on our timetable is basically all used up due to the amount of group work we do. Cue for all the happy faces to drop so dramatically that it could actually come off as comical. We are gutted!

When we finally go through the course, I'm actually finding it interesting! Since I had actually no clue what we would be doing for the next year.

It strikes 1pm and I'm sitting on my own in the Uni cafe feeling very bored and very much like I want to leave and go back to work.
I haven't even started university officially yet!

Looking this lonely is not my highest point so I've treated myself to a chocolate binge.
No nice looking boys wandering around at this point but I'm hopeful. My class is mainly made up of girls with 6 boys and the book that we need costs around £42. Yes, its not a typo £42!!!!!!!!

But, besides of all that, and I hope I won't jinx it, I think I might like it.
I've seen people wandering around looking just as glum and zombie like as me.

And I'm going to quote what everyone else has been saying, they really are on the same boat as me or there are some really glum looking people around Bournemouth..

Okay my battery is low, I've had to get my dad to calm me down and I had to wander aimlessly for the room where I did Ice breaker sessions with the people I will call class-mates for the next year.

And who said University wasn't fun!??



Survival of a University Student =)

No comments:

Post a Comment