Wednesday 29 September 2010

Housemates

I can tell you right now that I adore all of my housemates.
I’m extremely lucky (apart from the fact that I don’t have an en-suite).
Everyone else’s housemates aren’t the best. Mine are brilliant. We share things, and can clean up the house in half an hour. I love them. They’ve made me feel so comfortable from the get-go, I still feel like I’m the newcomer but it’s not so bad. It’s more how everyone can just sit in the living room watching TV – we have a TV license! – chatting. We’re always in the living room, never in our bedrooms like the other Unilets.

On the first night, we drank loads and played games – this lot can drink! – and by the morning I was officially a housemate.

I know that everyone has different personalities; different ways of looking at things and generally, people will clash. That’s a given. I haven’t ruled this out with my housemates but I’m pretty sure we’ll be okay for now. Everyone gets on so well – we’re a perfect fit. (I hope I haven’t jinxed that now…)

I want to be the best housemate but I know that I will mess up from time to time – it’s natural especially with me around. I've already spilt beer down my housemate, I hardly washed up but I hoover and I clean a lot.

I guess that the only problem is the shower and toilet situation. One housemate has a en-suite but the rest of us, all 6 of us, have to share one shower and two separate toilets. It's a dash to use the showers on a night out but generally so far, we talk about it. No one has walked in on one another yet (thank goodness)!

We go out most nights - I love it! The night we spend in is Saturday so we play drinking games, watch Lee Evans and play FIFA or COD... (well I don't do that bit)

Hopefully yours are as great as mine. But if not, remember that people are different and not everyone will be like you. Try to get on with everyone, if you can...



Survival of a University Student =)

No comments:

Post a Comment