Friday 8 October 2010

Washing! (Yes, I am blogging about my washing)

Oh my goodness.
If you could have seen my washing, it’s shameful.
I’ve been putting all my washing in with one of my housemates… so right now, I’m blogging as my first ever big colours wash is on!

I have a good laundry bag that puts the clothes into separate sections: whites, darks, colours. Thinking that it would be really helpful when I bought it at Argos, £9.99 - it’s really not. I sling everything into the top of it and then I found out that you could put your colours in with your darks!
Not saying that’s a bad thing though… I mean that saves me LOADS of time on trying to sort out the washing machine buttons and conditioners.
Yes, I admit it I don’t really know how to use the washing machine. All those buttons and different liquids, tabs I have to put into the machine – it’s just so confusing!
Is this just me being naive and stupid?
My washing should be done soon and then it’s off to face the scary washing line with lots of little spiders falling on me before I have to put on yet another dark wash on… if I can, I’ll do my whites…

My washing advice is only this… Find out what each button does and what the hell you have to buy.
All these Ariel, Lenor, powder stuff your mum has back at home that she puts in the three compartments - really all you need is the fabric conditioner and something to get the stains out.

Or in other words, the only thing I've been able to figure out is where to put the fabric conditioner and the Ariel noggin-thingie that you stick in with the washing - gets all the stains out...



Survival of a University Student =)

 

1 comment:

  1. OR buy a box of fairy/ariel/ecover gel tablet things that you just chuck in with your clothes! Easy as chips- you don't even have to open the drawer! Main thing is separate whites and colours and then away you go!

    Make sure you ditch a tumble dryer and use a clothes horse or radiators - could save £58 a year.
    Check out what other savings you can make around the house with the Greener Living quiz, AND You could even win a Samsung 40-inch LED eco TV ;)

    http://www.tesco.com/greenerliving/save_money/quiz/quiz_default.page

    ReplyDelete